Note: if connecting this AIS Receiver to a Garmin Chartplotter, you will also need to order the Garmin Interface Board.
QK-A026 is a compact dual channel, VHF AIS receiver and is able to receive information from both AIS frequencies simultaneously. It can also combine one external NMEA0813 (9.6kbps) data source with GPS and AIS messages. This single data stream is then transmitted synchronously via WiFi, USB and RS422.
The marine Automatic Identification System (AIS) is a location and vessel information reporting system. It allows vessels equipped with AIS to automatically, and dynamically share and regularly update their position, speed, course and other information such as vessel identity with similarly equipped vessels. Position is derived from the Global Positioning System (GPS) and communication between vessels is by Very High Frequency (VHF) digital transmissions. There are a number of types of AIS device, like Class A transceivers, Class B transceivers, AIS base stations, Aids to Navigation (AtoN) and AIS receivers.
The QK-A026 includes all the features of the QK-A024 plus the addition of an integrated GPS receiver making installation even simpler.
- Two independent receivers monitoring AIS channels (161.975MHz & 162.025MHz) and decoding both channels simultaneously
- Sensitivity down to -107 dBm@30% PER
- Up to 55 nautical miles receiving range
- USB 2.0 powered (<270mA @ 5.0V)
- NMEA-0183 message output through WiFi, USB and RS422
- Built-in GPS to provide position data
- Combine NMEA input(9.6kpbs only), GPS and AIS messages and output as a seamless stream of data
- BNC connector for 50 Ohm VHF antenna
- SMA connector for 50 Ohm WiFi antenna (supplied)
- SMA connector for 50 Ohm GPS antenna (supplied)
- Compatible with Windows XP,7,8,10,Mac OS X, Linux systems
- Plug & play connectivity with most chart plotters and PCs
- Enternal GPS antenna supplied with dual Magnetic/Adhesive mount and 2.5m cable
A full Application note is available for download here.
In the box:
- QK-A026 AIS receiver
- WiFi Antenna
- GPS Antenna
- Mini-USB to standard USB cable
- Mini-CD with Drivers and Application Note/User Instructions
Note: VHF antenna and suitable AIS display program are not supplied.
With a built-in GPS receiver, there is no need to connect it to your existing GPS/Chartplotter for position data.
Banten AISSBSPLTX3 Active Antenna Splitter for AIS VHF Transceivers & Systems£175.75 Add to basket
USB – NMEA 0183 Adaptor for Boat GPS Chartplotters or FishFinders & Computers£40.00 Add to basket
Quark QK-A022 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with USB output£58.95 Add to basket
Quark QK-A024 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with WiFi & NMEA outputs£81.95 Add to basket
AIS Receiver (QK-A024 Dual Channel) + Antenna Splitter (Banten AISSBSPL3) + 12V PSU Combo£172.90 Add to basket
Quark QK-A024 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with WiFi & NMEA outputs + 12V Plug£91.20 Add to basket
Quark QK-A026 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with WiFi, NMEA & GPS built-in£99.00 Add to basket
Quark QK-A026 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with WiFi, NMEA & GPS Antenna£109.00 Add to basket
Quark QK-A026 Dual Channel AIS Receiver inc WiFi, NMEA, GPS antenna & 12V plug£123.60 Add to basket
AIS Receiver (QK-A026 + GPS Ant) + Antenna Splitter (Banten) +12V PSU Combo£199.10 Add to basket
NMEA Protocol (Garmin) interface board£16.75 Add to basket
AIS Receiver (QK-A024 Dual Channel) + VHF Antenna (QK-AS02) + 12v PSU Combo£162.95 Add to basket