Details of the Quark QK-A026 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with WiFi & NMEA
QK-A026 is a compact dual channel, VHF AIS receiver and is able to receive information from both AIS frequencies simultaneously. It can also combine one external NMEA0813 (4.8kbps) data source with GPS and AIS messages. This single data stream is then transmitted synchronously via WiFi, USB and RS422.
The marine Automatic Identification System (AIS) is a location and vessel information reporting system. It allows vessels equipped with AIS to automatically, and dynamically share and regularly update their position, speed, course and other information such as vessel identity with similarly equipped vessels. Position is derived from the Global Positioning System (GPS) and communication between vessels is by Very High Frequency (VHF) digital transmissions. There are a number of types of AIS device, like Class A transceivers, Class B transceivers, AIS base stations, Aids to Navigation (AtoN) and AIS receivers.
- Two independent receivers monitoring AIS channels (161.975MHz & 162.025MHz) and decoding both channels simultaneously
- Sensitivity down to -107 dBm@30% PER
- Up to 55 nautical miles receiving range
- USB 2.0 powered (<270mA @ 5.0V)
- NMEA-0183 message output through WiFi, USB and RS422
- Combine NMEA input (4.8kpbs only), GPS and AIS messages and output as a seamless stream of data
- BNC connector for 50 Ohm VHF antenna
- SMA connector for 50 Ohm WiFi antenna
- SMA connector for 50 Ohm GPS antenna
- Compatible with Windows XP,7,8,10,Mac OS X, Linux systems
- Plug & play connectivity with most chart plotters and PCs
- If connecting to a Garmin chart plotter you also need the Garmin Interface board; see https://www.universalyachtparts.com/product/garmin-if
A full Application note is available for download here.
In the box:
- QK-A026 AIS receiver
- WiFi Antenna
- GPS Antenna
- Mini-USB to standard USB cable
- Mini-CD with Drivers and Application Note/User Instructions
- External GPS Antenna
Details of the Banten AISSBSPL3 Active AIS Receive Antenna Splitter/Diplexer for boats with VHF and AIS
Installation is quick and simple with interconnecting cables supplied to link the AIS Receiver and the boat VHF. Reception on the AIS Receiver and the VHF Radio is now possible simultaneously. AIS reception will be blocked when you are transmitting on the VHF Radio.
- Simple and quick to install, reducing installation time and cost.
- An extra connection is available to connect to your stereo radio system with an internal amplifier to improve reception.
- Fail safe operation ensures the VHF radio is connected to the antenna in the event of a power loss.
- Operation from 12 VDC with built-in fuse.
Frequency VHF 156-162MHz
Frequency AIS 163MHz
Frequency AM/FM 0.5-1.6 / 88-108MHz
VHF SWR <1.2:1
VHF Insertion loss 0.5dB
VHF Max Power 100W
VHF/AIS Connections 2 x PL259 plug + BNC adapter
Radio connection F socket connector
Gain AM/FM +15dB
Noise Figure 1.5dB
DC Power 12V at 40mA
Lighting Protection Yes
Box Material PVC
Dimensions 65 x 58 x 30mm
Supplied with cables and installation & user instructions
PLUS – This Combo pack includes a 12V Universal PSU to power the QK-A026 unit.
This is without doubt the cheapest way of getting a complete AIS + WiFi system on your boat!!
We can also supply separate AIS transponders, antenna splitters and antennas depending on your requirements.
Quark QK-A024 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with WiFi & NMEA outputs£100.00 Add to basket
AIS Receiver (QK-A024 Dual Channel) + Antenna Splitter (Banten AISSBSPL3) + 12V PSU Combo£181.00 Add to basket
Quark QK-A024 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with WiFi & NMEA outputs + 12V Plug£113.25 Add to basket
Quark QK-A026 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with WiFi, NMEA & GPS built-in£126.25 Add to basket
Quark QK-A026 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with WiFi, NMEA & GPS Antenna£137.90 Add to basket
Quark QK-A026 Dual Channel AIS Receiver inc WiFi, NMEA, GPS antenna & 12V PSU£151.25 Add to basket
AIS Receiver (QK-A026 + GPS Ant) + Antenna Splitter (Banten) +12V PSU Combo£219.00 Add to basket
Banten AISSBSPL3 AIS Receive Antenna Splitter for boats with VHF and AIS£64.95 Add to basket
NMEA Protocol (Garmin) interface board£16.75 Add to basket
AIS Receiver (QK-A024 Dual Channel) + VHF Antenna (QK-AS02) + 12v PSU Combo£171.50 Add to basket
Quark QK-A027 Dual Channel AIS Receiver inc WiFi, NMEA, SeaTalk & GPS antenna£144.00 Add to basket
Quark QK-A028 NMEA 2000 AIS + GPS Receiver with NMEA0183 & USB£139.95 Add to basket