QK-A026 is a compact dual channel, VHF AIS receiver and is able to receive information from both AIS frequencies simultaneously. It can also combine one external NMEA0813 (9.6kbps) data source with GPS and AIS messages. This single data stream is then transmitted synchronously via WiFi, USB and RS422.
The marine Automatic Identification System (AIS) is a location and vessel information reporting system. It allows vessels equipped with AIS to automatically, and dynamically share and regularly update their position, speed, course and other information such as vessel identity with similarly equipped vessels. Position is derived from the Global Positioning System (GPS) and communication between vessels is by Very High Frequency (VHF) digital transmissions. There are a number of types of AIS device, like Class A transceivers, Class B transceivers, AIS base stations, Aids to Navigation (AtoN) and AIS receivers.
The QK-A026 includes all the features of the QK-A024 plus the addition of an integrated GPS receiver making installation even simpler.
- Two independent receivers monitoring AIS channels (161.975MHz & 162.025MHz) and decoding both channels simultaneously
- Sensitivity down to -107 dBm@30% PER
- Up to 40 nautical miles receiving range
- USB 2.0 powered (<270mA @ 5.0V)
- NMEA-0183 message output through WiFi, USB and RS422
- Built-in GPS to provide position data
- Combine NMEA input(9.6kpbs only), GPS and AIS messages and output as a seamless stream of data
- BNC connector for 50 Ohm VHF antenna
- SMA connector for 50 Ohm WiFi antenna (supplied)
- SMA connector for 50 Ohm GPS antenna (supplied)
- Compatible with Windows XP,7,8,10,Mac OS X, Linux systems
- Plug & play connectivity with most chart plotters and PCs
- Enternal GPS antenna supplied with dual Magnetic/Adhesive mount and 2.5m cable
A full Application note is available for download here.
In the box:
- QK-A026 AIS receiver
- WiFi Antenna
- GPS Antenna
- Mini-USB to standard USB cable
- Mini-CD with Drivers and Application Note/User Instructions
Note: A suitable AIS display program is not supplied.
The Automatic Identification System (AIS) is a monitoring system for all types of shipping, useful for navigation safety with difficult meteorological conditions (fog or night navigation.) The AIS system operates on 2 expressly dedicated VHF channels (161.975 and 162.025 MHz) and allows the user to receive real time information about the traffic in the surrounding area. Quark has designed and manufactured a range of AIS products specifically for the special VHF frequencies used by AIS equipment.
Includes a 5m RG5 8U Co-axial cable which connects using a male BNC connector to the VHF/AIS receiver. The whip is partially sprung to provide increased flexibility and durability and is coated to reduce corrosion. Ideal for outdoor applications needing a sturdy, movable antenna. Suitable for boats and other vehicles.Technical Specification:
- FREQUENCY RANGE 160 MHz to 164 MHz
- GAIN AVERAGE 2.15 dBi
- IMPEDANCE 50 ohms
- POLARIZATION Vertical
- SWR less than 1.5:1
- ANTENNA LENGTH 445mm
- CABLE LENGTH 5m/15ft
- CABLE PLUG BNC (male)
- CLASP MOUNT for fitting to vertical or horizontal rail (20 – 25mm dia)
In the Pack:
- Quark AIS antenna
- 5m RG58 COAXIAL CABLE
- Mounting Bracket
PLUS – This Combo pack includes a 12V Universal Power Supply Unit to power the QK-A026 and enable you to charge or power other USB devices.
Banten AISSBSPLTX3 Active Antenna Splitter for AIS VHF Transceivers & Systems£175.75 Add to basket
USB – NMEA 0183 Adaptor for Boat GPS Chartplotters or FishFinders & Computers£40.00 Add to basket
Quark QK-A024 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with WiFi & NMEA outputs£93.95 Add to basket
AIS Receiver (QK-A024 Dual Channel) + Antenna Splitter (Banten AISSBSPL3) + 12V PSU Combo£173.70 Add to basket
Quark QK-A024 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with WiFi & NMEA outputs + 12V Plug£105.20 Add to basket
Quark QK-A026 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with WiFi, NMEA & GPS built-in£122.90 Add to basket
Quark QK-A026 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with WiFi, NMEA & GPS Antenna£132.90 Add to basket
Quark QK-A026 Dual Channel AIS Receiver inc WiFi, NMEA, GPS antenna & 12V plug£147.50 Add to basket
AIS Receiver (QK-A026 + GPS Ant) + Antenna Splitter (Banten) +12V PSU Combo£212.60 Add to basket
Banten AISSBSPL3 AIS Receive Antenna Splitter for boats with VHF and AIS£64.95 Add to basket
NMEA Protocol (Garmin) interface board£16.75 Add to basket
AIS Receiver (QK-A024 Dual Channel) + VHF Antenna (QK-AS02) + 12v PSU Combo£156.95 Add to basket