Simply plug and play with your NMEA 2000 network for the ultimate convenience, no configuration required.
3 simultaneous data output connections:
- NMEA 2000 network
- NMEA 0183 output
- USB output
This stand alone unit requires an external GPS antenna for most applications. We can supply a Combo pack which includes an external GPS antenna and the QK-A028 unit – see A028+GPS Ant
The QK-A028 combines dual channel AIS and GPS Data and provides your data through NMEA 2000 and NMEA 0183 simultaneously.
Simply plug and play with your NMEA 2000 network, for the ultimate convenience and flexibility, no configuration required.
3 simultaneous data output connections:
- NMEA 2000 network connection to your N2K backbone will provide AIS and GPS data to your complete N2K network, chart plotter, radio and other connected devices and instruments. (including informing your navigation software for plotting way-points and collision avoidance.)
- NMEA 0183 RS422 output
- USB output to a laptop of your choice (or USB OTG tablet or phone)
The advantage of an integrated GPS is that you can see, not only where other ships are, but crucially where you are in comparison with them and the coastline.
The ideal AIS and GPS multiplexer for your convenience.
- Compact dual channel AIS receiver
- Multiplexer: combines AIS and GPS
- View your AIS data and location through NMEA 2000, NMEA 0183 RS422 and USB simultaneously if desired.
- Compatible with Chart plotters and other AIS/GPS receiving devices and instruments, Windows, Mac OS X, Linux systems and USB OTG tablets and chart plotters.
- Two independent receivers monitor AIS channels (161.975MHz &162.025MHz) and decode both channels simultaneously
- Combines AIS and GPS messages, and outputs as a seamless stream of data
- Sensitivity down to -106 dBm@30% PER
- Excellent AIS reception range
- BNC connector for 50 Ohm VHF antenna
- Built-in GPS module to provide positional data (simply connect a GPS antenna)
- Powered SMA connector for 50 Ohm GPS antenna
- NMEA 2000 (N2K) output
- NMEA 0183 RS422 message output (also connects to NMEA 0183 RS232 when used with the Quark-elec Protocol Bridge (AS03)
- Additional NMEA 0183 output through USB OTG
- Plug & play connectivity with chart plotters and PCs
- Compatible with Windows XP,7,8,10,Mac OS X, Linux systems
- External GPS antenna with dual Magnetic/Adhesive mount and 2.5m cable available only in Combo pack
- QK-A028 with NMEA 2000 connection cable
- NMEA 0183 RS422 connection cable
- USB cable
- Protective cover/insert for NMEA 0183 and USB, protects the connections when not in use.
- CD containing Manual (and driver software for some Windows PCs)
- Setup Guidebook
QK-A028 has the following connections/indicators:
- AIS antenna connector. Standard BNC female 50 Ohm connector. An active VHF antenna splitter is required if one VHF antenna is shared by QK-A028 and VHF voice radio. (We recommend separate antennas ideally.)
- GPS antenna connector: Powered SMA connector for 50 Ohm GPS antenna. Built-in GPS module. An integrated GPS unit supplies positional data in addition to the AIS data. Simply connect chosen GPS antenna.
- NMEA 2000 (N2K) connection. NMEA 2000 network cable integral to the A028 for easy plug and play connection to your NMEA2000 backbone. Majority of all NMEA 0183 messages are converted to NMEA 2000, full list of conversions can be found in the manual.
- NMEA 0183 output connectors. QK-A028 can be connected to NMEA 0183 RS422 AIS or GPS compatible equipment including chart plotters and multi functional displays. NMEA 0183 RS 422 cable included for ease of connection. (also connects to NMEA 0183 RS232 when used with the Quark-elec Protocol Bridge (AS03)
- USB connection. A micro USB port outputs NMEA 0183 messages.
- LED lights: indicate power (top, red), AIS (centre, green) and GPS (bottom, green) status respectively.
A full Application note is available.
Note: VHF antenna, GPS antenna and suitable AIS display program are not supplied with this item.
This stand alone unit requires an external GPS antenna for most applications. We can supply a Combo pack which includes an external GPS antenna and the QK-A028 unit – see A028+GPS Ant.
With a built-in GPS receiver, there is no need to connect it to your existing GPS/Chartplotter for position data.
Digital Yacht AIT1500 N2K Class B AIS Transceiver with Internal GPS Antenna£503.50 Add to basket
Comar ASR 100 AIS Receive Antenna Splitter for boats with VHF and AIS£140.85 Add to basket
USB – NMEA 0183 Adaptor for Boat GPS Chartplotters or FishFinders & Computers£40.00 Add to basket
Quark QK-A022 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with USB output£58.95 Add to basket
Quark QK-A024 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with WiFi & NMEA outputs£81.95 Add to basket
AIS Receiver (QK-A024 Dual Channel) + Antenna Splitter (Banten AISSBSPL3) + 12V PSU Combo£162.90 Add to basket
Quark QK-A024 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with WiFi & NMEA outputs + 12V Plug£91.20 Add to basket
Quark QK-A026 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with WiFi, NMEA & GPS built-in£99.00 Add to basket
Quark QK-A026 Dual Channel AIS Receiver inc WiFi, NMEA, GPS antenna & 12V plug£118.60 Add to basket
AIS Receiver (QK-A026 + GPS Ant) + Antenna Splitter (Banten) +12V PSU Combo£189.10 Add to basket
Banten AISSBSPL3 AIS Receive Antenna Splitter for boats with VHF and AIS£59.95 Add to basket
NMEA Protocol (Garmin) interface board£16.75 Add to basket
Digital Yacht AIT1500 Class B AIS Transceiver with Internal GPS Antenna£480.00 Add to basket
Quark QK-A027 Dual Channel AIS Receiver inc WiFi, NMEA, SeaTalk & GPS antenna£113.35 Add to basket
Quark QK-A028 NMEA 2000 AIS + GPS Receiver with NMEA0183 & USB£139.95 Add to basket
Quark QK-A032-AIS NMEA 2000 / 0183 Bi-directional Converter WiFi and USB output£125.00 Add to basket
Quark QK-A028 NMEA 2000 AIS with NMEA0183 & USB + GPS Antenna£154.00 Add to basket
AIS Receiver (QK-A026 with GPS) + VHF Antenna (Quark AS02) + 12v PSU Combo£175.50 Add to basket
Raymarine SeaTalk ng to N2K Adapter cable£30.00 Add to basket
Raymarine DeviceNet (Male) adaptor Cable (1.5m) – A06046£30.00 Add to basket