The QK-A034 is a sophisticated NMEA 2000 to WiFi and USB multiplexer, with added flexibility for your growing system. Enjoy a direct WiFi link to your NMEA network data, for convenient and flexible access to data and as the WiFi connection is 2-way, you can also use it to send data, including Waypoints to your chartplotter and autopilot and VHF messages.
In addition to bi-directional NMEA 2000 to WiFI and USB,
the A034 provides a seamless connection of NMEA 0183 and Raymarine SeaTalk1 input devices to your NMEA 2000 network,WiFi and USB devices.
The A034 gives you:
- NMEA 2000 to WiFi and USB, 2-way communication
- 2-way WiFi and USB gives you control and data inputs from WiFi and USB devices
- Additionally, combined data from up to three NMEA 0813 inputs and SeaTalk1 inputs can be added into the data stream
- Filtering options
- Routing options
- Convenient combined marine data over WiFi on your mobile devices, USB to PC and NMEA 2000 to your chart plotter
Typical System Setup
The A034 is a flexible device and the connections can be tailored to your individual setup.
Below is an example setup. Whether you input devices (eg.GPS, AIS, wind. depth and other sensors) are SeaTalk1, NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000, simply connect them to the correct input connection.
The A034 can be used out of the box for standard functionality or configured for additional sophistication.
Without Configuration: The multiplexer converts and combines data received on the listener ports and sends this data to NMEA 2000, WiFi and USB simultaneously. Default Baud rates: NMEA input 1 and 2: 4800bps and NMEA input 3: 38400bps
- Configurable NMEA Baud rates
- Linking to a second onboard WiFi network if desired
- USB test data input
- Filtering options, each input has a flexible filter that can be configured to pass or block specific sentences. This helps to avoid conflict if 2 input devices are inputting the same data type (eg GPS), and frees up bandwidth, significantly reducing the possibility of data overflow and the resulting loss of data.
- Routing options, the powerful routing feature allows the NMEA, SeaTalk and WiFi input data to be routed from any input to specific outputs.
The WiFi module is set for direct Ad-hoc WiFi connection as default, with no need for a router. The SSID and password can be changed through QK-A034 configuration software, increasing security and memorability.
Up to 4 wireless devices can connect directly to the A034 in Ad-hoc mode.
QK-A034 can also be connected via Station mode using the Configuration software. This allows for greater range and remote access, as well as additional multi-device access.
The WiFi can also be disabled and be placed on Standby mode if desired.
Bi-directional WiFi: With 2-way WiFi, the A034 allows for wireless connection to autopilots and other NMEA devices, giving you the freedom to navigate, monitor and control from your iPad, iPhone, Android tablets and other WiFi enabled devices.
Bi-directional USB: 2-way USB the A034 allows the user to send instructions and data through USB from a laptop to all connected outputs. Frequently used to control autopilots and other NMEA devices from OpenCPN and other PC software, allowing the user to navigate, monitor and control from your laptop. This feature also allows for sending of test data for system testing and analysis.
- Bi-directional WiFi, USB and NMEA 2000
- Combines and inputs data from up to three NMEA 0183 input devices and one SeaTalk input
- SeaTalk to NMEA converter (converts common SeaTalk1 data types to NMEA 0183 sentences)
- Galvanically isolated NMEA 0183 and SeaTalk input ports. (also called opto-isolation). Galvanically isolation prevents unwanted currents between devices, preventing equipment damage and interference with radio signals
- NMEA 0183 to NMEA 2000 converter (converts common sentences to PGNs and visa-versa)
- WiFi: Ad-hoc mode allows up to 4 devices to connect to the internal WiFi module simultaneously
- WiFi: Station mode allows for the connection of the A034 to your router/ access point for greater number of wireless users and WiFi range.
- WiFi: Standby option(disable WiFi)
- WiFi and USB input and output of combined data in NMEA 0183 sentence format
- WiFi and USB additionally output NMEA 2000 network PGNs (in both 0183 sentences and PCDIN format)
- Compatible with Windows, Mac, Linux
- Compatible with Android and iOS via WiFi
- Filtering allows for overflow reduction and additional configuration.
- Routing reduces the risk of data over-flow.
- 1 x QK-A034
- 1 x 1m USB-B cable
- 1 x NMEA2000 cable
- 1 x CD with Manuals, Configuration Software and Drivers
- 1 x Setup Guidebook
1 = “SeaTalk” is a registered Trademark of Raymarine.