Note: if connecting this AIS Receiver to a Garmin Chartplotter, you will also need to order the Garmin Interface Board.
QK-A027 is a compact dual channel, VHF AIS receiver and is able to receive information from both AIS frequencies simultaneously. It can also combine one external Raymarine SeaTalk1 data source with GPS and AIS messages. This single data stream is then transmitted synchronously via WiFi, USB and RS422.
The marine Automatic Identification System (AIS) is a location and vessel information reporting system. It allows vessels equipped with AIS to automatically, and dynamically share and regularly update their position, speed, course and other information such as vessel identity with similarly equipped vessels. Position is derived from the Global Positioning System (GPS) and communication between vessels is by Very High Frequency (VHF) digital transmissions. There are a number of types of AIS device, like Class A transceivers, Class B transceivers, AIS base stations, Aids to Navigation (AtoN) and AIS receivers.
The QK-A027 is powered by an external 12V source (e.g. SeaTalk bus) and with its integrated GPS receiver makes installation even simpler.
- Two independent receivers monitoring AIS channels (161.975MHz & 162.025MHz) and decoding both channels simultaneously
- Sensitivity down to -105 dBm@30% PER
- Up to 40 nautical miles receiving range
- Powered by SeaTalk bus or other external 12V supply (<120mA)
- NMEA-0183 message output through WiFi, USB and RS422
- Built-in GPS to provide position data
- SeaTalk1 to NMEA 0183 protocol converter
- Combine SeaTalk1 input, GPS and AIS messages and output as a seamless stream of data
- BNC connector for 50 Ohm VHF antenna
- SMA connector for 50 Ohm WiFi antenna (supplied)
- SMA connector for 50 Ohm GPS antenna (supplied)
- Compatible with Windows XP,7,8,10,Mac OS X, Linux systems
- Plug & play connectivity with most chart plotters and PCs
- Enternal GPS antenna supplied with dual Magnetic/Adhesive mount and 2.5m cable
- If connecting to a Garmin chart plotter you also need the Garmin Interface board; see https://www.universalyachtparts.com/product/garmin-if
A full Application note is available for download here.
In the box:
- QK-A027 AIS receiver
- WiFi Antenna
- GPS Antenna
- Mini-USB to standard USB cable
- Mini-CD with Drivers and Application Note/User Instructions
Note: VHF antenna and suitable AIS display program are not supplied.
With a built-in GPS receiver, there is no need to connect it to your existing GPS/Chartplotter for position data.We can also supply AIS transponders, antenna splitters and antennas depending on your requirements.You can also buy this AIS Receiver complete with a VHF Antenna Splitter with an even larger cost saving.
Raymarine AIS 100 Active Antenna Splitter for AIS VHF Transceivers & Systems£270.75 Add to basket
Digital Yacht AIT1500 N2K Class B AIS Transceiver with Internal GPS Antenna£503.50 Add to basket
NASA Marine AIS Receiver Engine 3 with NMEA0183 & RS232 (dual frequency)£115.20 Add to basket
Comar ASR 100 AIS Receive Antenna Splitter for boats with VHF and AIS£140.85 Add to basket
Banten AISSBSPLTX3 Active Antenna Splitter for AIS VHF Transceivers & Systems£175.75 Add to basket
USB – NMEA 0183 Adaptor for Boat GPS Chartplotters or FishFinders & Computers£40.00 Add to basket
Quark QK-A022 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with USB output£58.95 Add to basket
Quark QK-A024 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with WiFi & NMEA outputs£81.95 Add to basket
AIS Receiver (QK-A024 Dual Channel) + Antenna Splitter (Banten AISSBSPL3) + 12V PSU Combo£171.90 Add to basket
Quark QK-A024 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with WiFi & NMEA outputs + 12V Plug£91.20 Add to basket
Quark QK-A026 Dual Channel Marine AIS Receiver with WiFi, NMEA & GPS built-in£99.00 Add to basket
Quark QK-A026 Dual Channel AIS Receiver inc WiFi, NMEA, GPS antenna & 12V plug£118.60 Add to basket